Sunday 7 June 2015

Audiosurf review

Hey Guys,

This is the 2nd review of my 3 games I am reviewing that I tweeted about on my twitter. If you haven't read it yet, feel free to check out my Starbound review (the first one in my series).  Today I am going to be reviewing Audiosurf. Audiosurf is a fast paced beat-catching and strategy music game. It does not have any level creation involved - you just give it a .mp3 and it creates a level for you. When playing, you are a ship going along a rollercoaster - style track, with many coloured 'beats' and 3 rows of slots. Here is a screenshot of gameplay:

Image from here

If you get a stack of 3 or more, they will disappear and turn into points, warmer colours making more points. There are power ups that do specific things, adding a bit more to the game. The 'paint splat' makes all tiles on the board that certain colour, and the lightning bolts are basically free points, adding 6 of that certain colour.

All in all, I think that this game is good for you if you are into music and fast-paced strategy getting your brain going. My favourite feature of this game is that it creates a level just from an mp3 as I think that this is really clever.


Make sure to keep checking here to see the latest geek news!

No comments :

Post a Comment