Saturday 4 July 2015

Laser-etched Fisher Cube

Hey Guys,

So a few days ago, I was lucky enough to be given a very old but pretty cool-looking puzzle, as a friend had it but didn't want it. I think it is a "fisher cube" but I am not totally sure as it is not the same as most. It actually has 10 different colours, two for the top and bottom, four for the sides and four for the edge pieces. The stickers are also laser-etched, giving them shiny patterns of colour. The 4 different sides can be seen here:






This colour scheme with 10 different shades confused me, but I managed to work it out eventually. I also had some problems with getting impossible 3x3 parities, but I think this was due to me putting the corner colours in the wrong arrangement - there is no centre piece to tell what colour goes where. Eventually, I got fed up of scrambling and solving it, as it is so tight and my fingers started to hurt. I had to open the cube and fix the parity manually. I put a bit of lube inside the cube, that improved the turning a bit, bit it's still pretty bad. This is a nice cube but only as a collector's item - not a cube for solving often.

Keep checking here for the latest in geek!

No comments :

Post a Comment